Facelift surgery is performed to improve the contour of the face and neck. It involves lifting and tightening the skin, tightening the underlying musculature and repositioning the fat pads of the face to achieve a more youthful appearance. Some facelifts are mini lifts and some are major. A limited face lift will involve only certain areas of the face as needed or desired.
Facelift surgeryy can change the following:
- Sagging in the middle of your face
- Deep creases below the lower eyelids
- Deep creases along the nose to the corner of the mouth
- Facial fat that has fallen or has disappeared
- Loss of skin tone in the lower face. This is what creates, what we know as, jowls
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw. This creates the appearance of a double chin.
Dr. Chobanian Says: “A facelift should make you look more youthful refreshing and relaxed. A facelift should enhance your natural beauty and identity without changing it. All incisions should be invisible and well hidden. Your friends should say: That vacation did you a lot of good! Or I know you for years- you never change!”